Perhaps you own a cat for whom it can be confusing or stressful to stay in a cattery.
It’s difficult for owners who are frequently away or at work to keep asking friends and neighbours to help with the care of their pets.
There is help available.
Having a Housesitter.ie home visit can provide your pets with daily or twice daily feeding and fuss that will enable them to stay in the comfort of their own home.
If you are planning to be away this year or have regular work commitments, please contact Housesitter.ie, and we will be happy to help if we can.
Cat Sitting Service
Cats known to be territorial animals. They are extremely sensitive to the change of their environment.
A cat-sitter is a person who provides care for cats while their owners are away. This can include a variety of tasks, such as:
- Feeding: The cat-sitter will make sure that the cat is fed on schedule, with the appropriate amount of food, and with the right type of food.
- Litter box maintenance: The cat-sitter will clean the litter box and make sure it is always fresh, clean and hygienic.
- Playtime and cuddles: Cats require interaction and stimulation to maintain their physical and emotional health, cat-sitter will engage with the cat and provide playtime and cuddles to keep them happy and healthy
- Administering medication: If the cat requires medication, the cat-sitter will administer the medication according to the owner’s instructions.
- Checking on the cat’s well-being: The cat-sitter will check the cat’s overall health, grooming and behaviour and alert the owner if there are any concerns.
- Security Check: They may also keep an eye on the house, to ensure all is well and secure.
- Daily update: They can give regular updates, photos and videos to the owner to keep them informed of the cat’s well-being and activities.
Overall, a cat-sitter’s main responsibility is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for the cat while its owners are away, and to make sure the cat is well-fed, cleaned and entertained.